Monday, March 28, 2016

Leadership Coaching - Key Takeouts Day #1

A few weeks ago, I spent two days at a Leadership Coaching Course where I learnt a lot about my own growth as well as helping those around me grow. Here are some of the key takeouts that I took from the first day.


When coaching, keep the end in mind.


Good learning conversations involve the coach speaking for 20% of the time and listening for the other 80%. This needs to be deep listening (I found deep listening quite challenging!)


Try not to get drawn into 'war stories'. Consider empathising rather than sympathising.


Coaching is about achieving goals. It is the coach's job to provide the coachee with motivation, strength and the right environment.


Watch out for the TWADS - "That's what we've always done!"


Good coaching leads to ACE - Actions, Clarity and Energy

I am looking forward to giving my new found coaching skills a go with some of the members of my team. I think this new learning will be a huge asset in my growth as a leader.

2 comments:

  1. Choose Ecube Leadership training courses to acquire the latest skills and techniques in leadership and communication, decision making, problem solving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information thankyu for posting keepitup.Ecube provides good services in UAE.
    free advertising sites

    ReplyDelete